Jul 2, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
As expected the Rays activated David Price from the disabled list after the reigning Cy Young winner missed the past six weeks with a strained triceps.
Price, who struggled with a 5.24 ERA in nine starts before the DL stint, will rejoin the rotation tonight against the Astros. He made a pair of minor-league rehab starts, allowing two runs and striking out 12 in 7.1 innings against Single-A hitters.
To make room for Price on the roster the Rays sent down Ryan Roberts, who went 3-for-5 with two homers last night to finish what turned out to be a two-game call-up.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (119)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)