Jul 2, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
As expected the Rays activated David Price from the disabled list after the reigning Cy Young winner missed the past six weeks with a strained triceps.
Price, who struggled with a 5.24 ERA in nine starts before the DL stint, will rejoin the rotation tonight against the Astros. He made a pair of minor-league rehab starts, allowing two runs and striking out 12 in 7.1 innings against Single-A hitters.
To make room for Price on the roster the Rays sent down Ryan Roberts, who went 3-for-5 with two homers last night to finish what turned out to be a two-game call-up.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47