Jul 2, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
As expected the Rays activated David Price from the disabled list after the reigning Cy Young winner missed the past six weeks with a strained triceps.
Price, who struggled with a 5.24 ERA in nine starts before the DL stint, will rejoin the rotation tonight against the Astros. He made a pair of minor-league rehab starts, allowing two runs and striking out 12 in 7.1 innings against Single-A hitters.
To make room for Price on the roster the Rays sent down Ryan Roberts, who went 3-for-5 with two homers last night to finish what turned out to be a two-game call-up.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 12
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 24
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)