Jul 2, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
As expected the Rays activated David Price from the disabled list after the reigning Cy Young winner missed the past six weeks with a strained triceps.
Price, who struggled with a 5.24 ERA in nine starts before the DL stint, will rejoin the rotation tonight against the Astros. He made a pair of minor-league rehab starts, allowing two runs and striking out 12 in 7.1 innings against Single-A hitters.
To make room for Price on the roster the Rays sent down Ryan Roberts, who went 3-for-5 with two homers last night to finish what turned out to be a two-game call-up.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)