Jul 2, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Word going around the game is that the Dodgers could have interest in Chase Utley, the longtime Phillies star who in his younger days starred at UCLA and before that at Long Beach (Calif.) Polytechnic High.
Just a rumor, obviously, and Heyman notes that it’s more likely that the Phillies would offer L.A. Michael Young if they want some infield help.
L.A. should be active at the deadline, though. They may still be in last place in the NL West, but the rest of the division is cratering and the Dodgers find themselves a mere three and a half games back.
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 8
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- 2014 Preview: Los Angeles Dodgers 21
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)