Jul 2, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Or: Great Moments in promising $50 million of your employer’s money without him knowing about it. From the Daily News:
[Felix] Lopez, the Yankees’ executive vice president and chief international officer, took part in a press conference in the Dominican Republic on Monday to help make an announcement about a new privately funded $50 million baseball stadium outside of La Romana.
There was only one problem: the Yankees didn’t know anything about the project.
Lopes is Hal Steinbrenner’s brother-in-law. This is gonna make the Fourth of July picnic at the Steinbrenner house kinda awkward.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)