Jul 2, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
Or: Great Moments in promising $50 million of your employer’s money without him knowing about it. From the Daily News:
[Felix] Lopez, the Yankees’ executive vice president and chief international officer, took part in a press conference in the Dominican Republic on Monday to help make an announcement about a new privately funded $50 million baseball stadium outside of La Romana.
There was only one problem: the Yankees didn’t know anything about the project.
Lopes is Hal Steinbrenner’s brother-in-law. This is gonna make the Fourth of July picnic at the Steinbrenner house kinda awkward.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 25
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 94
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)