Jul 2, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
Or: Great Moments in promising $50 million of your employer’s money without him knowing about it. From the Daily News:
[Felix] Lopez, the Yankees’ executive vice president and chief international officer, took part in a press conference in the Dominican Republic on Monday to help make an announcement about a new privately funded $50 million baseball stadium outside of La Romana.
There was only one problem: the Yankees didn’t know anything about the project.
Lopes is Hal Steinbrenner’s brother-in-law. This is gonna make the Fourth of July picnic at the Steinbrenner house kinda awkward.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)