Jul 2, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Or: Great Moments in promising $50 million of your employer’s money without him knowing about it. From the Daily News:
[Felix] Lopez, the Yankees’ executive vice president and chief international officer, took part in a press conference in the Dominican Republic on Monday to help make an announcement about a new privately funded $50 million baseball stadium outside of La Romana.
There was only one problem: the Yankees didn’t know anything about the project.
Lopes is Hal Steinbrenner’s brother-in-law. This is gonna make the Fourth of July picnic at the Steinbrenner house kinda awkward.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 3
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 10
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 36
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)