Jul 2, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Or: Great Moments in promising $50 million of your employer’s money without him knowing about it. From the Daily News:
[Felix] Lopez, the Yankees’ executive vice president and chief international officer, took part in a press conference in the Dominican Republic on Monday to help make an announcement about a new privately funded $50 million baseball stadium outside of La Romana.
There was only one problem: the Yankees didn’t know anything about the project.
Lopes is Hal Steinbrenner’s brother-in-law. This is gonna make the Fourth of July picnic at the Steinbrenner house kinda awkward.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)