Jul 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
It’s pretty great, as Valentine opened up about being a young prospect, the turf in Montreal, how he almost became a relief pitcher at the end of his career, about working for $4.50 an hour at the Phoenix airport the year after he made $450K playing major league baseball, drugs, suicide and a bunch of other stuff.
Just a neat guy who played in an era which is really only being explored in books and longer features in the past few years and about which there was so much weirdness and coolness, good and bad.
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 0
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 24
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)