Jul 3, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
From John Lott of Canada’s National Post comes word that Adam Lind is in the Blue Jays’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Tigers after sitting out Monday and Tuesday due to tightness in the middle of his back. He willl serve as Toronto’s designated hitter while Mark DeRosa plays first.
The mid-back tightness was never a major concern.
Lind, 29, has bounced back in a big way this year from his struggles in 2010-2012, boasting a superb .327/.386/.547 batting line with 11 home runs, 14 doubles and 33 RBI. The Jays are 37-31 in games he’s played this season and 41-42 overall.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (239)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)