Jul 3, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
From John Lott of Canada’s National Post comes word that Adam Lind is in the Blue Jays’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Tigers after sitting out Monday and Tuesday due to tightness in the middle of his back. He willl serve as Toronto’s designated hitter while Mark DeRosa plays first.
The mid-back tightness was never a major concern.
Lind, 29, has bounced back in a big way this year from his struggles in 2010-2012, boasting a superb .327/.386/.547 batting line with 11 home runs, 14 doubles and 33 RBI. The Jays are 37-31 in games he’s played this season and 41-42 overall.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (96)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)