Jul 3, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
From John Lott of Canada’s National Post comes word that Adam Lind is in the Blue Jays’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Tigers after sitting out Monday and Tuesday due to tightness in the middle of his back. He willl serve as Toronto’s designated hitter while Mark DeRosa plays first.
The mid-back tightness was never a major concern.
Lind, 29, has bounced back in a big way this year from his struggles in 2010-2012, boasting a superb .327/.386/.547 batting line with 11 home runs, 14 doubles and 33 RBI. The Jays are 37-31 in games he’s played this season and 41-42 overall.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32