Jul 3, 2013, 7:03 PM EST
From John Lott of Canada’s National Post comes word that Adam Lind is in the Blue Jays’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Tigers after sitting out Monday and Tuesday due to tightness in the middle of his back. He willl serve as Toronto’s designated hitter while Mark DeRosa plays first.
The mid-back tightness was never a major concern.
Lind, 29, has bounced back in a big way this year from his struggles in 2010-2012, boasting a superb .327/.386/.547 batting line with 11 home runs, 14 doubles and 33 RBI. The Jays are 37-31 in games he’s played this season and 41-42 overall.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)