Jul 3, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
From John Lott of Canada’s National Post comes word that Adam Lind is in the Blue Jays’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Tigers after sitting out Monday and Tuesday due to tightness in the middle of his back. He willl serve as Toronto’s designated hitter while Mark DeRosa plays first.
The mid-back tightness was never a major concern.
Lind, 29, has bounced back in a big way this year from his struggles in 2010-2012, boasting a superb .327/.386/.547 batting line with 11 home runs, 14 doubles and 33 RBI. The Jays are 37-31 in games he’s played this season and 41-42 overall.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)