Jul 3, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
Reds 3, Giants 0: Homer Bailey does it again. You can read about all of the important details of his no-hitter here and here. Less mentioned in the aftermath? (a) Homer dropped an F-bomb in a postgame interview when talking about the walk he gave up to blow the perfect game; and (b) the Giants loss put them in last place.
Tigers 7, Blue Jays 6: Wang vs. Fister! I watched the first few ugly innings of this one. And I swear, as God is my witness, Tigers announcer Rod Allen said in the first inning that “the Tigers have never beaten Wang.” And then the Tigers proceeded to beat Wang, after which the Blue Jays let go of Wang.
Dodgers 8, Rockies 0: Clayton Kershaw (CG SHO, 4 H, 8K, 0 BB)can’t be bargained with. He can’t be reasoned with. He doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead. Same goes for Yasiel Puig (3 for 5 with a homer).
Brewers 4, Nationals 0: Stephen Strasburg was great, pitching seven shutout innings. Drew Storen: not so great. He game in to the game in the eighth, gave up four runs and that was that. Guess Strasburg just doesn’t know how to win.
Phillies 3, Pirates 1: All good things must come to an end, and that includes the Pirates nine-game winning streak. Dom Brown, Ryan Howard and Delmon Young each drove in a run while Jonathan Pettibone and 1-2-3-4-5-6 relievers shut Pittsburgh down. Based on all of those pitching changes I’d say Charlie Manuel REALLY wanted to nail this one down.
Braves 11, Marlins 3: Tight for a while and then the wheels fell off the Fish Express. Sixteen hits for Atlanta, none of which were home runs. Which is kinda freaky for this team.
Rays 8, Astros 0: David Price returns, strikes out 10 and Houston gets shut out for the second straight night. With that minor league rehab assignment over, I suppose Price will now face a big league lineup.
Indians 6, Royals 5: Five in a row for the red hot Tribe. Impressive fact: they’ve taken nine of 11 on the road.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)