Jul 3, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
Reds 3, Giants 0: Homer Bailey does it again. You can read about all of the important details of his no-hitter here and here. Less mentioned in the aftermath? (a) Homer dropped an F-bomb in a postgame interview when talking about the walk he gave up to blow the perfect game; and (b) the Giants loss put them in last place.
Tigers 7, Blue Jays 6: Wang vs. Fister! I watched the first few ugly innings of this one. And I swear, as God is my witness, Tigers announcer Rod Allen said in the first inning that “the Tigers have never beaten Wang.” And then the Tigers proceeded to beat Wang, after which the Blue Jays let go of Wang.
Dodgers 8, Rockies 0: Clayton Kershaw (CG SHO, 4 H, 8K, 0 BB)can’t be bargained with. He can’t be reasoned with. He doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead. Same goes for Yasiel Puig (3 for 5 with a homer).
Brewers 4, Nationals 0: Stephen Strasburg was great, pitching seven shutout innings. Drew Storen: not so great. He game in to the game in the eighth, gave up four runs and that was that. Guess Strasburg just doesn’t know how to win.
Phillies 3, Pirates 1: All good things must come to an end, and that includes the Pirates nine-game winning streak. Dom Brown, Ryan Howard and Delmon Young each drove in a run while Jonathan Pettibone and 1-2-3-4-5-6 relievers shut Pittsburgh down. Based on all of those pitching changes I’d say Charlie Manuel REALLY wanted to nail this one down.
Braves 11, Marlins 3: Tight for a while and then the wheels fell off the Fish Express. Sixteen hits for Atlanta, none of which were home runs. Which is kinda freaky for this team.
Rays 8, Astros 0: David Price returns, strikes out 10 and Houston gets shut out for the second straight night. With that minor league rehab assignment over, I suppose Price will now face a big league lineup.
Indians 6, Royals 5: Five in a row for the red hot Tribe. Impressive fact: they’ve taken nine of 11 on the road.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)