Jul 3, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
Reds 3, Giants 0: Homer Bailey does it again. You can read about all of the important details of his no-hitter here and here. Less mentioned in the aftermath? (a) Homer dropped an F-bomb in a postgame interview when talking about the walk he gave up to blow the perfect game; and (b) the Giants loss put them in last place.
Tigers 7, Blue Jays 6: Wang vs. Fister! I watched the first few ugly innings of this one. And I swear, as God is my witness, Tigers announcer Rod Allen said in the first inning that “the Tigers have never beaten Wang.” And then the Tigers proceeded to beat Wang, after which the Blue Jays let go of Wang.
Dodgers 8, Rockies 0: Clayton Kershaw (CG SHO, 4 H, 8K, 0 BB)can’t be bargained with. He can’t be reasoned with. He doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead. Same goes for Yasiel Puig (3 for 5 with a homer).
Brewers 4, Nationals 0: Stephen Strasburg was great, pitching seven shutout innings. Drew Storen: not so great. He game in to the game in the eighth, gave up four runs and that was that. Guess Strasburg just doesn’t know how to win.
Phillies 3, Pirates 1: All good things must come to an end, and that includes the Pirates nine-game winning streak. Dom Brown, Ryan Howard and Delmon Young each drove in a run while Jonathan Pettibone and 1-2-3-4-5-6 relievers shut Pittsburgh down. Based on all of those pitching changes I’d say Charlie Manuel REALLY wanted to nail this one down.
Braves 11, Marlins 3: Tight for a while and then the wheels fell off the Fish Express. Sixteen hits for Atlanta, none of which were home runs. Which is kinda freaky for this team.
Rays 8, Astros 0: David Price returns, strikes out 10 and Houston gets shut out for the second straight night. With that minor league rehab assignment over, I suppose Price will now face a big league lineup.
Indians 6, Royals 5: Five in a row for the red hot Tribe. Impressive fact: they’ve taken nine of 11 on the road.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)