Jul 3, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
But the right-hander is apparently feeling just fine.
According to MLB.com’s Jason Beck, Sanchez has been cleared to return to the Tigers’ starting rotation on Saturday evening to face the Indians. Sanchez will be on a fairly strict pitch count because he failed to make it even two frames in his only rehab outing.
The 29-year-old has been out since mid-June with a shoulder strain. He had a 2.76 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 101/23 K/BB ratio in 81 2/3 innings before the injury.
Detroit finished play Tuesday with a 44-38 record — a half-game back in the American League Central.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17