Jul 3, 2013, 12:15 AM EST
But the right-hander is apparently feeling just fine.
According to MLB.com’s Jason Beck, Sanchez has been cleared to return to the Tigers’ starting rotation on Saturday evening to face the Indians. Sanchez will be on a fairly strict pitch count because he failed to make it even two frames in his only rehab outing.
The 29-year-old has been out since mid-June with a shoulder strain. He had a 2.76 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 101/23 K/BB ratio in 81 2/3 innings before the injury.
Detroit finished play Tuesday with a 44-38 record — a half-game back in the American League Central.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)