Jul 3, 2013, 12:15 AM EDT
But the right-hander is apparently feeling just fine.
According to MLB.com’s Jason Beck, Sanchez has been cleared to return to the Tigers’ starting rotation on Saturday evening to face the Indians. Sanchez will be on a fairly strict pitch count because he failed to make it even two frames in his only rehab outing.
The 29-year-old has been out since mid-June with a shoulder strain. He had a 2.76 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 101/23 K/BB ratio in 81 2/3 innings before the injury.
Detroit finished play Tuesday with a 44-38 record — a half-game back in the American League Central.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 2
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)