Jul 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has been on the disabled list with a thumb injury for two weeks, but the Brewers left fielder is nowhere close to returning and manager Ron Roenicke told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that the team isn’t expecting him back before the All-Star break.
That means Braun will end up missing at least a month with the injury, in addition to the weeks he spent trying to play through the ongoing discomfort with varying degrees of success.
Braun took some swings in the batting cage yesterday and said afterward that he “felt good,” but because of how long the thumb injury has lingered everyone involved seems to be taking things very cautiously.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)