Jul 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has been on the disabled list with a thumb injury for two weeks, but the Brewers left fielder is nowhere close to returning and manager Ron Roenicke told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that the team isn’t expecting him back before the All-Star break.
That means Braun will end up missing at least a month with the injury, in addition to the weeks he spent trying to play through the ongoing discomfort with varying degrees of success.
Braun took some swings in the batting cage yesterday and said afterward that he “felt good,” but because of how long the thumb injury has lingered everyone involved seems to be taking things very cautiously.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)