Jul 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has been on the disabled list with a thumb injury for two weeks, but the Brewers left fielder is nowhere close to returning and manager Ron Roenicke told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that the team isn’t expecting him back before the All-Star break.
That means Braun will end up missing at least a month with the injury, in addition to the weeks he spent trying to play through the ongoing discomfort with varying degrees of success.
Braun took some swings in the batting cage yesterday and said afterward that he “felt good,” but because of how long the thumb injury has lingered everyone involved seems to be taking things very cautiously.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)