Jul 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Ryan Braun has been on the disabled list with a thumb injury for two weeks, but the Brewers left fielder is nowhere close to returning and manager Ron Roenicke told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that the team isn’t expecting him back before the All-Star break.
That means Braun will end up missing at least a month with the injury, in addition to the weeks he spent trying to play through the ongoing discomfort with varying degrees of success.
Braun took some swings in the batting cage yesterday and said afterward that he “felt good,” but because of how long the thumb injury has lingered everyone involved seems to be taking things very cautiously.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)