Jul 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has been on the disabled list with a thumb injury for two weeks, but the Brewers left fielder is nowhere close to returning and manager Ron Roenicke told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that the team isn’t expecting him back before the All-Star break.
That means Braun will end up missing at least a month with the injury, in addition to the weeks he spent trying to play through the ongoing discomfort with varying degrees of success.
Braun took some swings in the batting cage yesterday and said afterward that he “felt good,” but because of how long the thumb injury has lingered everyone involved seems to be taking things very cautiously.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)