Jul 3, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recap, yeah, it was the Astros. But that doesn’t change the fact that David Price was as sharp as a tack in his return from the disabled list last night. Price needed a mere 70 pitches to get through seven innings, striking out 10 while allowing just three singles to an overmatched Astros lineup.
Tampa Bay is five and a half games out in the tough AL East at the moment. Some of that hole was dug due to Price’s poor performance early in the season and poor performances from his replacements in the past month. But if the David Price of 2012 is back in the Rays rotation, the future looks much brighter.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)