Jul 3, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recap, yeah, it was the Astros. But that doesn’t change the fact that David Price was as sharp as a tack in his return from the disabled list last night. Price needed a mere 70 pitches to get through seven innings, striking out 10 while allowing just three singles to an overmatched Astros lineup.
Tampa Bay is five and a half games out in the tough AL East at the moment. Some of that hole was dug due to Price’s poor performance early in the season and poor performances from his replacements in the past month. But if the David Price of 2012 is back in the Rays rotation, the future looks much brighter.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)