Jul 3, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com has the big scoop:
The Diamondbacks and Brewers have been talking about possible trades involving Milwaukee veteran righthanded starter Yovani Gallardo, and one of the Arizona names that’s surfaced in discussions is top pitching prospect Tyler Skaggs.
But a person familiar with the talks told Heyman that “there’s no traction at this point” toward a trade.
FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi reported earlier this evening that the D’Backs have also expressed interest in Brewers relievers John Axford, Jim Henderson and Francisco Rodriguez, so this thing could grow.
Gallardo has posted a 4.78 ERA and 1.46 WHIP in 101 2/3 innings this season, but he boasts a 3.75 career ERA and a 1.31 career WHIP. The 27-year-old is making $7.75 million in 2013 and is owed $11.25 million in 2014. He carries a $13 million club option for the 2015 season which can be bought out for $600,000.
Arizona is currently leading the National League West. Milwaukee is in last place in the NL Central.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)