Jul 3, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com has the big scoop:
The Diamondbacks and Brewers have been talking about possible trades involving Milwaukee veteran righthanded starter Yovani Gallardo, and one of the Arizona names that’s surfaced in discussions is top pitching prospect Tyler Skaggs.
But a person familiar with the talks told Heyman that “there’s no traction at this point” toward a trade.
FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi reported earlier this evening that the D’Backs have also expressed interest in Brewers relievers John Axford, Jim Henderson and Francisco Rodriguez, so this thing could grow.
Gallardo has posted a 4.78 ERA and 1.46 WHIP in 101 2/3 innings this season, but he boasts a 3.75 career ERA and a 1.31 career WHIP. The 27-year-old is making $7.75 million in 2013 and is owed $11.25 million in 2014. He carries a $13 million club option for the 2015 season which can be bought out for $600,000.
Arizona is currently leading the National League West. Milwaukee is in last place in the NL Central.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 93
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 30
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)