Jul 3, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com has the big scoop:
The Diamondbacks and Brewers have been talking about possible trades involving Milwaukee veteran righthanded starter Yovani Gallardo, and one of the Arizona names that’s surfaced in discussions is top pitching prospect Tyler Skaggs.
But a person familiar with the talks told Heyman that “there’s no traction at this point” toward a trade.
FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi reported earlier this evening that the D’Backs have also expressed interest in Brewers relievers John Axford, Jim Henderson and Francisco Rodriguez, so this thing could grow.
Gallardo has posted a 4.78 ERA and 1.46 WHIP in 101 2/3 innings this season, but he boasts a 3.75 career ERA and a 1.31 career WHIP. The 27-year-old is making $7.75 million in 2013 and is owed $11.25 million in 2014. He carries a $13 million club option for the 2015 season which can be bought out for $600,000.
Arizona is currently leading the National League West. Milwaukee is in last place in the NL Central.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)