Jul 3, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Not all the Cincinnati media. My primary follows for Reds news are John Fay, Mark Sheldon and C. Trent Rosecrans and those guys are more or less straight shooters. Some others, however, not so much.
To wit: Paul Daugherty of the Cincy Enquirer and the crowd at WLW, where Marty Brennaman calls home. Their underwhelemed and, in some ways, backhanded “praise” of Homer Bailey‘s performance last night is chronicled over at Red Reporter today.
Not too surprising, really. Daugherty has become a pretty obvious troll of late, and his displeasure for Bailey’s game is longstanding. Brennaman is something of an institution, sure, but for as long as I’ve been listening to him he seems to spend more time being mildly-to-majorly disgusted with Reds players who have the audacity to not be part of The Big Red Machine. Just ask Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn about that.
Now Bailey gets the treatment. Kinda sad, actually.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 80
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)