Jul 3, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Not all the Cincinnati media. My primary follows for Reds news are John Fay, Mark Sheldon and C. Trent Rosecrans and those guys are more or less straight shooters. Some others, however, not so much.
To wit: Paul Daugherty of the Cincy Enquirer and the crowd at WLW, where Marty Brennaman calls home. Their underwhelemed and, in some ways, backhanded “praise” of Homer Bailey‘s performance last night is chronicled over at Red Reporter today.
Not too surprising, really. Daugherty has become a pretty obvious troll of late, and his displeasure for Bailey’s game is longstanding. Brennaman is something of an institution, sure, but for as long as I’ve been listening to him he seems to spend more time being mildly-to-majorly disgusted with Reds players who have the audacity to not be part of The Big Red Machine. Just ask Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn about that.
Now Bailey gets the treatment. Kinda sad, actually.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15