Jul 3, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Not all the Cincinnati media. My primary follows for Reds news are John Fay, Mark Sheldon and C. Trent Rosecrans and those guys are more or less straight shooters. Some others, however, not so much.
To wit: Paul Daugherty of the Cincy Enquirer and the crowd at WLW, where Marty Brennaman calls home. Their underwhelemed and, in some ways, backhanded “praise” of Homer Bailey‘s performance last night is chronicled over at Red Reporter today.
Not too surprising, really. Daugherty has become a pretty obvious troll of late, and his displeasure for Bailey’s game is longstanding. Brennaman is something of an institution, sure, but for as long as I’ve been listening to him he seems to spend more time being mildly-to-majorly disgusted with Reds players who have the audacity to not be part of The Big Red Machine. Just ask Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn about that.
Now Bailey gets the treatment. Kinda sad, actually.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 21
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 28
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)