Jul 3, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Not all the Cincinnati media. My primary follows for Reds news are John Fay, Mark Sheldon and C. Trent Rosecrans and those guys are more or less straight shooters. Some others, however, not so much.
To wit: Paul Daugherty of the Cincy Enquirer and the crowd at WLW, where Marty Brennaman calls home. Their underwhelemed and, in some ways, backhanded “praise” of Homer Bailey‘s performance last night is chronicled over at Red Reporter today.
Not too surprising, really. Daugherty has become a pretty obvious troll of late, and his displeasure for Bailey’s game is longstanding. Brennaman is something of an institution, sure, but for as long as I’ve been listening to him he seems to spend more time being mildly-to-majorly disgusted with Reds players who have the audacity to not be part of The Big Red Machine. Just ask Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn about that.
Now Bailey gets the treatment. Kinda sad, actually.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)