Jay-Z has a Scott Boras dis on his new album

Jul 3, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT

jay-z getty Getty Images

Scott Boras admitted to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal in April that he was blindsided by Robinson Cano‘s decision to abruptly leave the Boras Corporation for a new sports agency started by rap mogul Jay-Z. So it’s probably safe to say that Boras is not going to like this:

[Jay-Z], who recently began work as a sports agent with his Roc Nation Sports, took a shot at Boras in a song off his upcoming new album.

“Scott Boras, you over baby. Robinson Cano, you coming with me,” Jay-Z raps on the song “Crown,” ESPN.com’s Darren Rovell has confirmed.

That’s from ESPN New York. “Magna Carta Holy Grail” — Jay-Z’s 13th solo LP — hits shelves and iPods and blank CDs on Thursday.

Scott Boras issued a response via CBS Sports’ Scott Miller. Sadly, it was not in the form of a dis song:

1. thetruth1313 - Jul 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM

What is a Jay-z?

• fanofevilempire - Jul 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM

what is a Jay- Z ?

about a half billion and counting.

• hojo20 - Jul 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM

A black person that uses the N word and calls women “bitches” and “ho’s”

2. jonirocit - Jul 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Jay-z is a tool

• samlecure - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM

A publicity tool.

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:11 AM

A tool worth $500 million on his own and $1 billion with his wife. If I was worth that kind of money, you could call me a tool all fucking day. Wouldn’t matter.

• djpostl - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Rofl if you think Beyonce is worth a half billion

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM

• desireobtaincherish - Jul 4, 2013 at 4:05 AM

…Perfect tool mindset lol

• fanofevilempire - Jul 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM

a Tool/ rapper/executive/ sport agent on NBC Sports HBT………

just keeping it real like another Brooklyn kid.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I have always wondered about the term “keepin’ it real.” Specifically…the definition.
        Is it the opposite of “keeping it fake?” Is it the opposite of…”I ain’t frontin’?”
        I sometimes use the term myself when I want to generate a laugh and/or make light of a situation.
        Example:
        Friend of mine: “What’s up Man?”
        Me: “Shit yo.” “Just livin’ large. Tryin’ to keep it real Dawg.” “When I finish…Ima start frontin.” “You know…start keepin’ it fake.”

See how utterly ignorant that conversation sounds?
        If you are a white male 30+ years old I promise you will make people laugh.
        If you are a white male under 30 years old I don’t recommend it as you will not be invited to the next party.

3. tuberippin - Jul 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM

He may not make the same outstanding music that he did on Reasonable Doubt or Vol. 2 … Hard Knock Life, but goddamn that man is one hell of an entrepreneur.

IT’S THE ROC!

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:05 AM

HBT commenters: “BOO! WE HATE JAY-Z! WHAT A TOOL! *thumbs down”

Stay classy guys.

• fanofevilempire - Jul 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM

if you break up with taylor swift she writes a song about you, if you mess
      with Jigga and Roc Nation he drops a line about you.

4. crisisofinfinitephils - Jul 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Did Boras drop the mic after issuing that statement?

• Caught Looking - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM

It sounds better if you play it backwards

• mazblast - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM

If you play it backwards, it says, “I buried Paul”.

5. kcroyal - Jul 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Pretty sure Boras is the best agent in baseball, top 3 of all time without question. Having Jay-Z obviously will attract many young athletes, but Boras is far from over, baby. He’s an asshole like Rosenhaus, but he’s damn good at what he does.

6. tigersfandan - Jul 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Boras is probably the best agent in baseball. Jay-Z is fairly new to the agent ballgame. Maybe Jay-Z, whoever he is, should wait a while before talking like this.

7. modellforprez - Jul 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Ahahahahahah every Blimp Lip Stan is gonna think theyre bumping something Lippy when really most of the time DUKE is pumping out Biggies Lyrics usually twisted by Lipster to sound ill. someone please ETHER This clown again. before he jumps in some 5 year old beef like East-West in mid to late 90’s. Arrr he got money he porks beybey he made Hump a fella records and clothes. I DONT GIVE A FUCK HE IS THE MOST OVER RATED PIECE OF SHIT EVER ANYWHERE. WHAT YOU WANNA DO SON! PINK HOUSES Q-VILLAGE MY KILLAZ

• Drew Silva - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Word?

• mazblast - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Would someone please do me a favor and translate that into English?

• Tim OShenko - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Um, are you sure you really want that? I doubt it would make any more sense anyway.

• krypticking - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Everyone thinks that Jay-Z is bumping (bumping meaning putting out music) the best music when really he is using Biggie Smalls style. He request that someone “ether” him again, referencing to a song in which rapper Nas sang that was a dis on Jay-Z. He has money, has sex with Beyonce and make Roc a fella records a clothing line. That means nothing to him cause he is the most overrated POS to exist. The end is some blah blah I can’t convert, sorry.

• krypticking - Jul 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Sorry, he made Roc a fella records AND a clothing line, whoops. Don’t want to end up in “beef” over twisted words.

• desireobtaincherish - Jul 4, 2013 at 4:07 AM

dude, its called real talk

• djpostl - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Lol, Nas certainly did beat that J.J. Evans looking clown down on Ether, Got Yourself A Gun & Stillmatic.

8. jonirocit - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM

What? I need someone to translate please?

• aceshigh11 - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Those blacks…they sure do talk funny, don’t they?

Pop culture analysis straight from 1985.

Go pick up Rita in the Iroc and take her down to the Jersey Shore.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Blacks? No.
        Gangsta wannabe’s? Yes.

9. mybrunoblog - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Boras was going to get Cano $180 million. Jay Z will only get him $130 million but as a contract rider Cano receives a different ho every night of the week, a tripped out 1995 Camaro with stainless rims, and free drinks for life at 40/40 club.

• smoothaswilkes - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM

That’s as close as Cano will ever get to the 40/40 club.

• fanofevilempire - Jul 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM

did’nt Cano get a box of Jay Z cassettes too?

10. smoothaswilkes - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Boras is no Nas. Jay-Z should respect rather than whatever the hell he’s doing after selling his share of the Brooklyn Nets.

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Nas > Jay-Z

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jul 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM

You’re insane

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM

If we’re talking about lyrical content I would go Nas over Jay-Z. For as much “defending” of Jigga I’ve done in this comment section, I’m not a huge fan.

11. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Has “rap” sunk this low? I really miss Run D.M.C.

• deadeyedesign23 - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Hip hop has gotten so much better since Run DMC. The baseball equivilant to this conversation are people who think baseball has only gotten worse since Joe DiMaggio.

• polonelmeagrejr - Jul 4, 2013 at 7:18 AM

A wu Tang man, myself. Even invested with WU Tang Financial.

• deadeyedesign23 - Jul 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Wu Tang are the Beatles of Hip Hop man.

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:08 AM

First of all, it’s a genre, so it’s not “rap,” it’s rap. Just like it’s not “rock and roll,” it’s rock and roll.

Secondly, of all the mid-to-late 80s and early 90s rap groups to pick in order to exemplify the so-called Golden Age of Hip-Hop, you picked Run-DMC? The group that wrote an entire song about their kicks (My Adidas)? SMH

• desireobtaincherish - Jul 4, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Just because you are so condescending here, if you really want to be technical. “Rap” is not a genre. It actually refers to “spoken or chanted rhyming lyrics”

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM

The terms hip-hop and rap are interchangeable when discussing the genre of music. That’s common knowledge. But sure, let’s get technical, which apparently means defining rap within the confines of a linguistic practice.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Nobody can rap quite like I can, I take a muscle bound man and put his face in the sand.
        Not the last mafia cause’ I’m an mc cop…make ya’ say yo’ L.L. and do the wop.
        If you think you can out rhyme me…yeah boy alright bet cause’ I ain’t met a motherfucker who could do dat’ yet. Trend setta’ I’m better, my rhymes are good I gotta’ gourmet plate that say’s I wish you would. And when battle begins and…before I join in and…when my rhyme is over…ya’ know I’m gonna’ win.

• tuberippin - Jul 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Well that was….unnecessary…

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Come on…was it really unnecessary? Of course not.
        In fact…it was very fitting.

You be knowin’….
        Seeins’ how we wuz throwin’ down lines…droppin’ lyrics…and…and…shit.

12. royalintx - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Don’t know or care what a jay-z is.
    Also, don’t want to read headlines with a dis in it. I suggest you stick with the English language.

• deadeyedesign23 - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I suggest you get that stick out your ass, man. Not knowing what “a Jay-Z” is is a you problem.

• aceshigh11 - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Dude’s from TX.

That’s ALL you need to know about where this clown is coming from with his angry little rant.

• tigersfandan - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Why should someone know who this agent wannabe is?

13. connormyboy - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Why is this even being reported who cares.

14. baseballbum - Jul 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Let’s hear more about your strategy for Cano and other free agents Mr. Carter. Good for you Boras to take the high road. Let’s check back with Jay Z in a few years and see how this pans out. I guess if all else fails he’ll make a great rap song out of it. I’d rather be represented by Boras – any time of the day.

15. philliesblow - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I’m sure Boras is and always will be a better agent, but Jay-Z comes home to Beyonce every night. If I had to trade places with one of them, it wouldn’t take long to make a choice.

16. tigersfandan - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Boras is probably also a better musician too.

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I like how it took you multiple comments to admit you know who Jay-Z is. It’s not like he’s been around for 15 years or anything.

• tigersfandan - Jul 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM

That’s pretty much all I know about him. Personally, I think ‘musician’ is a stretch.

• tuberippin - Jul 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Certainly not a musician, as he doesn’t play instruments. Artist nonetheless.

17. flickflint - Jul 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM

How were those tweets posted on July 4th when it’s still the 3rd?

18. gunpowderjones - Jul 4, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Run DMC lyrics would look awful if you typed them out.

19. mc1439 - Jul 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I’d rather have Boras than some Illuminati worshiping tool. Fucking sellout to the illuminati what a bitch.

20. xpensivewinos - Jul 4, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I never realized Jay Z and Dwight Gooden were the same guy.

21. jsally430 - Jul 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM

if I was am agent I would make all of my players walk out to mc hammer. CAN’T TOUCH THIS

HAMMER TIME! oh oh oh

22. heatwave954 - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Nas lost

• djpostl - Jul 4, 2013 at 3:38 AM

In what alternate reality lol? He beat that fucker down in their little spat.

• brooksob53 - Jul 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM

You might wanna listen to Jay-Z Super Ugly freestyle about Nas. Hov killed him!

• djpostl - Jul 5, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Rofl. You are smoking crack. That was such weak ass shit.

Even better, his own freakin mom made him apologize because the track was more about the chick than Nas.

That clown got chewed up and spit out lol.

• nolanwiffle - Jul 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM

These are grown men we’re talking about? Calling each other names in their “songs”? Great genre of “music”.

23. barrywhererufrom - Jul 4, 2013 at 6:09 AM

So this is what being an agent comes too..jay-z definetly has the gangsta market cornered. If am Nora’s I better do a drive by or my street cred and agent career would be over..

24. onbucky96 - Jul 4, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Wu Tang Financial, you need to diversify your bonds b******. Seriously, Scott Boras may well be Satan himself, but who the f*** does Jay-Z think he is? Great, he’ll get his guys deals off the field/court. How’s he going to handle the grey hairs running pro teams that have their own 99 problems. Jesus forgive me, I am now on Team Boras.

25. mikeythelectrician - Jul 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Scott boras doesn’t even know who jay z is but i can guarantee jay z knows who boras is

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3480)