Jul 3, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
Shaum Marcum was seen in the dugout on Monday pointing at his shoulder, stretching and sorta acting like a guy with a physical problem. Then he saw a team doctor on Tuesday about it. Then he was asked about it by a reporter. This is what he said:
“That’s for me and the club,” Marcum said. “I don’t know why you guys think you need to know everything.”
I suppose he has a valid existential point about the nature of knowledge and what baseball fans truly do need to know in order to consume and enjoy baseball. But if he thinks that’s actually going to make New York reporters bother him less, he’s none too bright.
For what it’s worth, he later said he feels fine and will make his next start. I presume the questions he is asked following that start will skew annoying.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45