Jul 3, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
Shaum Marcum was seen in the dugout on Monday pointing at his shoulder, stretching and sorta acting like a guy with a physical problem. Then he saw a team doctor on Tuesday about it. Then he was asked about it by a reporter. This is what he said:
“That’s for me and the club,” Marcum said. “I don’t know why you guys think you need to know everything.”
I suppose he has a valid existential point about the nature of knowledge and what baseball fans truly do need to know in order to consume and enjoy baseball. But if he thinks that’s actually going to make New York reporters bother him less, he’s none too bright.
For what it’s worth, he later said he feels fine and will make his next start. I presume the questions he is asked following that start will skew annoying.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)