Jul 3, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
Shaum Marcum was seen in the dugout on Monday pointing at his shoulder, stretching and sorta acting like a guy with a physical problem. Then he saw a team doctor on Tuesday about it. Then he was asked about it by a reporter. This is what he said:
“That’s for me and the club,” Marcum said. “I don’t know why you guys think you need to know everything.”
I suppose he has a valid existential point about the nature of knowledge and what baseball fans truly do need to know in order to consume and enjoy baseball. But if he thinks that’s actually going to make New York reporters bother him less, he’s none too bright.
For what it’s worth, he later said he feels fine and will make his next start. I presume the questions he is asked following that start will skew annoying.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27