Jul 3, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
The Twins got creative, and now Mariano Rivera has a unique piece for the den as he heads into retirement next year. Deemed “The Chair of Broken Dreams,” the rocker was made up of bats broken by Rivera’s cutter. Manager Ron Gardenhire came up with the idea, and he presented it to Rivera along with Twins elder statesman Justin Morneau and closer Glen Perkins at Target Field on Tuesday. Along with the chair, the Twins donated $10,000 to the Mariano Rivera Foundation.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59