Jul 3, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
The Twins got creative, and now Mariano Rivera has a unique piece for the den as he heads into retirement next year. Deemed “The Chair of Broken Dreams,” the rocker was made up of bats broken by Rivera’s cutter. Manager Ron Gardenhire came up with the idea, and he presented it to Rivera along with Twins elder statesman Justin Morneau and closer Glen Perkins at Target Field on Tuesday. Along with the chair, the Twins donated $10,000 to the Mariano Rivera Foundation.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (160)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)