Jul 3, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Konerko has struggled all year, hitting just .249 with a career-worst .682 OPS at age 37, so shutting him down for a while may not be such a bad thing. On the other hand Crain was emerging as a potentially very valuable trade piece thanks to an incredible 0.74 ERA and 46/11 K/BB ratio in 37 innings with free agency right around the corner.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)