Jul 4, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Crawford went 5-for-13 with one stolen base on a four-game rehab assignment at Single-A and Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he’s expected to come off the disabled list Friday against the Giants.
That will create a logjam in the Dodgers’ outfield with Crawford, Puig, Matt Kemp, and Andre Ethier splitting time in three spots, although Puig running into the wall at Coors Field last night may lead to some time off for the rookie phenom. If everyone is healthy Ethier looks like the odd man out, or at least the outfielder least likely to play regularly.
Crawford hit .301 with five homers, nine steals, and an .828 OPS in 51 games before the injury, looking very much like his old, pre-Red Sox self.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 0
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15