Jul 4, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Crawford went 5-for-13 with one stolen base on a four-game rehab assignment at Single-A and Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he’s expected to come off the disabled list Friday against the Giants.
That will create a logjam in the Dodgers’ outfield with Crawford, Puig, Matt Kemp, and Andre Ethier splitting time in three spots, although Puig running into the wall at Coors Field last night may lead to some time off for the rookie phenom. If everyone is healthy Ethier looks like the odd man out, or at least the outfielder least likely to play regularly.
Crawford hit .301 with five homers, nine steals, and an .828 OPS in 51 games before the injury, looking very much like his old, pre-Red Sox self.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)