Jul 4, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Crawford went 5-for-13 with one stolen base on a four-game rehab assignment at Single-A and Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he’s expected to come off the disabled list Friday against the Giants.
That will create a logjam in the Dodgers’ outfield with Crawford, Puig, Matt Kemp, and Andre Ethier splitting time in three spots, although Puig running into the wall at Coors Field last night may lead to some time off for the rookie phenom. If everyone is healthy Ethier looks like the odd man out, or at least the outfielder least likely to play regularly.
Crawford hit .301 with five homers, nine steals, and an .828 OPS in 51 games before the injury, looking very much like his old, pre-Red Sox self.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 103
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (117)