Jul 4, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
On July 4th, Captain America declares his readiness for game action:
The Captain believes he’s very close to joining his mates.
“I’m anxious to be playing in games,” Derek Jeter said. “Everything I’ve needed to do up until that point, I’ve done … Everything felt good, yes sir,” Jeter said. “I think I’m close.”
It feels like eons ago that Jeter played baseball for the Yankees. I guess all of 2012 and before feels like eons ago for this team, which has changed so much since just last fall. I’ve never been the biggest Jeter fanboy on the planet, but I gotta say, it feels wrong him being gone. Baseball feels off.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86