Jul 4, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
On July 4th, Captain America declares his readiness for game action:
The Captain believes he’s very close to joining his mates.
“I’m anxious to be playing in games,” Derek Jeter said. “Everything I’ve needed to do up until that point, I’ve done … Everything felt good, yes sir,” Jeter said. “I think I’m close.”
It feels like eons ago that Jeter played baseball for the Yankees. I guess all of 2012 and before feels like eons ago for this team, which has changed so much since just last fall. I’ve never been the biggest Jeter fanboy on the planet, but I gotta say, it feels wrong him being gone. Baseball feels off.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)