Jul 4, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
On July 4th, Captain America declares his readiness for game action:
The Captain believes he’s very close to joining his mates.
“I’m anxious to be playing in games,” Derek Jeter said. “Everything I’ve needed to do up until that point, I’ve done … Everything felt good, yes sir,” Jeter said. “I think I’m close.”
It feels like eons ago that Jeter played baseball for the Yankees. I guess all of 2012 and before feels like eons ago for this team, which has changed so much since just last fall. I’ve never been the biggest Jeter fanboy on the planet, but I gotta say, it feels wrong him being gone. Baseball feels off.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)