Jul 4, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Well, a partial blackout. It happened at midnight when the Kauffman Stadium computers shut down the lights either because they’re programmed to do that or because they have become self-aware and our death at the hands of the machines is imminent.
Well, maybe not so imminent. Murderous, self-aware machines could probably keep the lights off for longer than twelve minutes if they wanted to, but that’s all they could muster last night before John Connor or Emilio Estevez or whoever fixed them.
Those twelve minutes came on top of a two-hour thirty seven minute rain delay. Which means that (a) the game ended late; and (b) the machines would be much better served teaming up with Mother Nature of they’re interested in eradicating the human race. And frankly, Mother Nature has a much greater motive to kill all the humans, so let’s keep our eye on those two, OK?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)