Jul 4, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Well, a partial blackout. It happened at midnight when the Kauffman Stadium computers shut down the lights either because they’re programmed to do that or because they have become self-aware and our death at the hands of the machines is imminent.
Well, maybe not so imminent. Murderous, self-aware machines could probably keep the lights off for longer than twelve minutes if they wanted to, but that’s all they could muster last night before John Connor or Emilio Estevez or whoever fixed them.
Those twelve minutes came on top of a two-hour thirty seven minute rain delay. Which means that (a) the game ended late; and (b) the machines would be much better served teaming up with Mother Nature of they’re interested in eradicating the human race. And frankly, Mother Nature has a much greater motive to kill all the humans, so let’s keep our eye on those two, OK?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (156)