Jul 4, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Jose Valverde wants Tigers fans to know that they’re not safe from him for long. Here’s what he told Jeff Seidel Detroit Free Press:
“I didn’t have a spring training,” Valverde had said, a few hours earlier in the clubhouse. “I think this is like a spring training.”
“Will you be here for six weeks?” I asked.
“Hell no,” he said, in a big booming voice. “I’ll be here two or three weeks. Something like that.”
And with that Jim Leyland lit another Winston, shook his head and imagined what life would be like if he had even a mediocre bullpen to work with.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36