Jul 4, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Jose Valverde wants Tigers fans to know that they’re not safe from him for long. Here’s what he told Jeff Seidel Detroit Free Press:
“I didn’t have a spring training,” Valverde had said, a few hours earlier in the clubhouse. “I think this is like a spring training.”
“Will you be here for six weeks?” I asked.
“Hell no,” he said, in a big booming voice. “I’ll be here two or three weeks. Something like that.”
And with that Jim Leyland lit another Winston, shook his head and imagined what life would be like if he had even a mediocre bullpen to work with.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)