Jul 4, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
Phillies outfielder Delmon Young has begun to show signs of life recently by hitting .325 with three home runs, 16 RBI, and an .858 OPS over his last 25 games. When asked today about his hot hitting, he offered this wonderful rationalization to Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com.
That’s uh, true. Or something. Wait, is that fireworks I hear or is my brain exploding?
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 23
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)