Jul 4, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
He did, as you can see, make the catch, robbing Nolan Arenado of extra bases. And he stayed in the game for a while at least, coming up to bat one more time before being removed in a double switch.
Puig, who is hitting .440 with eight homers and who just yesterday was named the NL Player of the Month for June, is day-to-day with a bruised hip. Don Mattingly thinks he can play, but caution is probably warranted.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)