Jul 4, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
He did, as you can see, make the catch, robbing Nolan Arenado of extra bases. And he stayed in the game for a while at least, coming up to bat one more time before being removed in a double switch.
Puig, who is hitting .440 with eight homers and who just yesterday was named the NL Player of the Month for June, is day-to-day with a bruised hip. Don Mattingly thinks he can play, but caution is probably warranted.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)