Jul 4, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
He did, as you can see, make the catch, robbing Nolan Arenado of extra bases. And he stayed in the game for a while at least, coming up to bat one more time before being removed in a double switch.
Puig, who is hitting .440 with eight homers and who just yesterday was named the NL Player of the Month for June, is day-to-day with a bruised hip. Don Mattingly thinks he can play, but caution is probably warranted.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59