Jul 4, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Yasiel Puig gave the Dodgers a minor scare when he slammed into the right field fence while making an excellent catch last night, but it’s not going to cost him any time.
The Dodgers just announced that Puig will be in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Rockies. While he suffered a hip contusion as a result of the collision with the wall, he made it through pre-game workouts this afternoon without incident.
Puig is batting .440/.466/.743 with eight home runs and 18 RBI through his first 116 plate appearances in the majors. The 22-year-old sensation was named the NL Rookie and Player of the Month for June.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (136)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)