Jul 4, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig gave the Dodgers a minor scare when he slammed into the right field fence while making an excellent catch last night, but it’s not going to cost him any time.
The Dodgers just announced that Puig will be in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Rockies. While he suffered a hip contusion as a result of the collision with the wall, he made it through pre-game workouts this afternoon without incident.
Puig is batting .440/.466/.743 with eight home runs and 18 RBI through his first 116 plate appearances in the majors. The 22-year-old sensation was named the NL Rookie and Player of the Month for June.
- Michael Wacha to make first rehab start Sunday with the Double-A Springfield Cardinals 0
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 20
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (90)