Jul 4, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig gave the Dodgers a minor scare when he slammed into the right field fence while making an excellent catch last night, but it’s not going to cost him any time.
The Dodgers just announced that Puig will be in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Rockies. While he suffered a hip contusion as a result of the collision with the wall, he made it through pre-game workouts this afternoon without incident.
Puig is batting .440/.466/.743 with eight home runs and 18 RBI through his first 116 plate appearances in the majors. The 22-year-old sensation was named the NL Rookie and Player of the Month for June.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)