Jul 4, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig gave the Dodgers a minor scare when he slammed into the right field fence while making an excellent catch last night, but it’s not going to cost him any time.
The Dodgers just announced that Puig will be in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Rockies. While he suffered a hip contusion as a result of the collision with the wall, he made it through pre-game workouts this afternoon without incident.
Puig is batting .440/.466/.743 with eight home runs and 18 RBI through his first 116 plate appearances in the majors. The 22-year-old sensation was named the NL Rookie and Player of the Month for June.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)