Jul 4, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig gave the Dodgers a minor scare when he slammed into the right field fence while making an excellent catch last night, but it’s not going to cost him any time.
The Dodgers just announced that Puig will be in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Rockies. While he suffered a hip contusion as a result of the collision with the wall, he made it through pre-game workouts this afternoon without incident.
Puig is batting .440/.466/.743 with eight home runs and 18 RBI through his first 116 plate appearances in the majors. The 22-year-old sensation was named the NL Rookie and Player of the Month for June.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)