Jul 4, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig gave the Dodgers a minor scare when he slammed into the right field fence while making an excellent catch last night, but it’s not going to cost him any time.
The Dodgers just announced that Puig will be in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Rockies. While he suffered a hip contusion as a result of the collision with the wall, he made it through pre-game workouts this afternoon without incident.
Puig is batting .440/.466/.743 with eight home runs and 18 RBI through his first 116 plate appearances in the majors. The 22-year-old sensation was named the NL Rookie and Player of the Month for June.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (110)