Jul 6, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star brings word that Alex Gordon is back in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Athletics, just three days after he banged into the left field fence at Kauffman Stadium while making an awkward attempt at a catch.
Gordon was being monitored for a possible concussion, but MLB cleared him to return after he passed all tests. While he suffered a “substantial butt bruise” as a result of the play, he’s going to try to give it a go.
Gordon, 29, is batting .292/.351/.426 with eight home runs and 46 RBI in 81 games this season. He leads the Royals in hits and total bases.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 300
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (302)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)