Jul 6, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star brings word that Alex Gordon is back in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Athletics, just three days after he banged into the left field fence at Kauffman Stadium while making an awkward attempt at a catch.
Gordon was being monitored for a possible concussion, but MLB cleared him to return after he passed all tests. While he suffered a “substantial butt bruise” as a result of the play, he’s going to try to give it a go.
Gordon, 29, is batting .292/.351/.426 with eight home runs and 46 RBI in 81 games this season. He leads the Royals in hits and total bases.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)