Jul 6, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star brings word that Alex Gordon is back in the starting lineup this afternoon against the Athletics, just three days after he banged into the left field fence at Kauffman Stadium while making an awkward attempt at a catch.
Gordon was being monitored for a possible concussion, but MLB cleared him to return after he passed all tests. While he suffered a “substantial butt bruise” as a result of the play, he’s going to try to give it a go.
Gordon, 29, is batting .292/.351/.426 with eight home runs and 46 RBI in 81 games this season. He leads the Royals in hits and total bases.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)