Jul 6, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez had to exit tonight’s game after making a diving stop to end the fifth inning. MLB.com’s Kevin Massoth reports that Ramirez went back to the clubhouse as Yuniesky Betancourt replaced him at the hot corner. Ramirez had previously missed time between April 6 and May 2 with a sprained left knee.
Ramirez has a .778 OPS but is hitting for considerably less power this year compared to last year. In 2012, 80 of his 171 hits went for extra bases (47%). This year, only 16 of his 49 hits have gone for extra bases (33%). Aside from his walk and strikeout rates, both of which are up, his numbers are down across the board. A stint on the disabled list might give him the time he needs to get healthy and turn things around. The last place Brewers, 34-51 and 19 games out of first place, aren’t going anywhere and could stand to give the 35-year-old a breather.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 247
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (247)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)