Jul 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly caught the Giants batting out of order in the bottom of the first inning this evening. Ken Rosenthal tweeted the details:
#SFGiants bat out of order. Posey called out after hitting RBI double. Sandoval 3rd, Posey 4th on official card. Posey up again, flies out.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 6, 2013
The run was taken off the board, in case it wasn’t clear.
Retrosheet has a great list of times teams have batted out of order in the past. It happens less often than you’d expect. Or at least less often than this writer, who can’t keep the days of the week aligned, would have expected.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)