Jul 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly caught the Giants batting out of order in the bottom of the first inning this evening. Ken Rosenthal tweeted the details:
#SFGiants bat out of order. Posey called out after hitting RBI double. Sandoval 3rd, Posey 4th on official card. Posey up again, flies out.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 6, 2013
The run was taken off the board, in case it wasn’t clear.
Retrosheet has a great list of times teams have batted out of order in the past. It happens less often than you’d expect. Or at least less often than this writer, who can’t keep the days of the week aligned, would have expected.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)