Jul 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly caught the Giants batting out of order in the bottom of the first inning this evening. Ken Rosenthal tweeted the details:
#SFGiants bat out of order. Posey called out after hitting RBI double. Sandoval 3rd, Posey 4th on official card. Posey up again, flies out.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 6, 2013
The run was taken off the board, in case it wasn’t clear.
Retrosheet has a great list of times teams have batted out of order in the past. It happens less often than you’d expect. Or at least less often than this writer, who can’t keep the days of the week aligned, would have expected.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)