Jul 6, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly caught the Giants batting out of order in the bottom of the first inning this evening. Ken Rosenthal tweeted the details:
#SFGiants bat out of order. Posey called out after hitting RBI double. Sandoval 3rd, Posey 4th on official card. Posey up again, flies out.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 6, 2013
The run was taken off the board, in case it wasn’t clear.
Retrosheet has a great list of times teams have batted out of order in the past. It happens less often than you’d expect. Or at least less often than this writer, who can’t keep the days of the week aligned, would have expected.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 100
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 151
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)