Jul 6, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Per MLB’s Twitter: the Ricky Nolasco deal is official. The Marlins have traded their right-handed starter to the Dodgers for prospects Steve Ames, Josh Wall, and and Angel Sanchez. None of the three made Baseball America’s top-ten list for the Dodgers organization entering the season. The Dodgers are assuming the rest of Nolasco’s remaining salary, about $5.7 million, for the 2013 season. Scott Miller of CBS Sports also reports that the Dodgers get $197,000 in international cap space with slot 96.
The acquisition of Nolasco puts the Dodgers in a good position to make a run at the NL West title. The Diamondbacks, at 45-41, lead the division and even the last place Giants at 39-46 are only 5.5 games behind, so it’s quite an open field. Over the next three and a half weeks, the Dodgers could still consider making more moves. They have been linked to Chase Utley of the Phillies and they could now go after an outfielder after Matt Kemp hurt his shoulder last night.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 74
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)