Jul 6, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
For those asking, the Weavers did in fact spell their new son's name Aden in honor of Nick Adenhart.—
Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) July 06, 2013
Adenhart was killed by a drunk driver just hours after he pitched six scoreless innings for the Angels on April 8, 2009. He was just 22 years old. Two of his friends also died in the crash.
Weaver honors Adenhart’s memory before each of his starts by writing the initials “NA” into the dirt on the back of the mound.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)