Jul 6, 2013, 10:25 PM EST
MASN’s Dan Kolko reports that lefty Ross Detwiler, dealing with an ailing back, will be placed on the 15-day disabled list. Dan Haren, recovering from inflammation in his right shoulder, will be activated from the DL and start on Monday, taking Detwiler’s spot on the 25-man roster.
Detwiler had compiled a 4.04 ERA over 13 starts. He had previously missed time between mid-May and mid-June with a strained oblique. Haren, on the other hand, has had no success to speak of this season, sporting a 6.15 over 15 starts. Among starters with at least 80 innings pitched, Haren has by far the highest home run rate per nine innings at 2.09, besting second-place Jeremy Guthrie‘s 1.68.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)