Jul 6, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
MASN’s Dan Kolko reports that lefty Ross Detwiler, dealing with an ailing back, will be placed on the 15-day disabled list. Dan Haren, recovering from inflammation in his right shoulder, will be activated from the DL and start on Monday, taking Detwiler’s spot on the 25-man roster.
Detwiler had compiled a 4.04 ERA over 13 starts. He had previously missed time between mid-May and mid-June with a strained oblique. Haren, on the other hand, has had no success to speak of this season, sporting a 6.15 over 15 starts. Among starters with at least 80 innings pitched, Haren has by far the highest home run rate per nine innings at 2.09, besting second-place Jeremy Guthrie‘s 1.68.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)