Jul 6, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
MASN’s Dan Kolko reports that lefty Ross Detwiler, dealing with an ailing back, will be placed on the 15-day disabled list. Dan Haren, recovering from inflammation in his right shoulder, will be activated from the DL and start on Monday, taking Detwiler’s spot on the 25-man roster.
Detwiler had compiled a 4.04 ERA over 13 starts. He had previously missed time between mid-May and mid-June with a strained oblique. Haren, on the other hand, has had no success to speak of this season, sporting a 6.15 over 15 starts. Among starters with at least 80 innings pitched, Haren has by far the highest home run rate per nine innings at 2.09, besting second-place Jeremy Guthrie‘s 1.68.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 3
- The beauty of belief 33
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 40
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 74
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)