Jul 6, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
MASN’s Dan Kolko reports that lefty Ross Detwiler, dealing with an ailing back, will be placed on the 15-day disabled list. Dan Haren, recovering from inflammation in his right shoulder, will be activated from the DL and start on Monday, taking Detwiler’s spot on the 25-man roster.
Detwiler had compiled a 4.04 ERA over 13 starts. He had previously missed time between mid-May and mid-June with a strained oblique. Haren, on the other hand, has had no success to speak of this season, sporting a 6.15 over 15 starts. Among starters with at least 80 innings pitched, Haren has by far the highest home run rate per nine innings at 2.09, besting second-place Jeremy Guthrie‘s 1.68.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)