Jul 6, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
MASN’s Dan Kolko reports that lefty Ross Detwiler, dealing with an ailing back, will be placed on the 15-day disabled list. Dan Haren, recovering from inflammation in his right shoulder, will be activated from the DL and start on Monday, taking Detwiler’s spot on the 25-man roster.
Detwiler had compiled a 4.04 ERA over 13 starts. He had previously missed time between mid-May and mid-June with a strained oblique. Haren, on the other hand, has had no success to speak of this season, sporting a 6.15 over 15 starts. Among starters with at least 80 innings pitched, Haren has by far the highest home run rate per nine innings at 2.09, besting second-place Jeremy Guthrie‘s 1.68.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)