Jul 6, 2013, 4:02 PM EST
Bloomquist suffered the injury when he was hit in the hand by a pitch back on June 26 and landed on the disabled list earlier this week. While initial X-rays came back negative, a CT scan yesterday revealed the fractures. He’ll likely be out until late August or the early part of September.
Bloomquist is batting .292/.342/.347 in 79 plate appearances with the Diamondbacks this season. The 35-year-old missed the first two months of the season with an oblique injury.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)