Jul 6, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
Bloomquist suffered the injury when he was hit in the hand by a pitch back on June 26 and landed on the disabled list earlier this week. While initial X-rays came back negative, a CT scan yesterday revealed the fractures. He’ll likely be out until late August or the early part of September.
Bloomquist is batting .292/.342/.347 in 79 plate appearances with the Diamondbacks this season. The 35-year-old missed the first two months of the season with an oblique injury.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 5
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (250)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)