Jul 6, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
Bloomquist suffered the injury when he was hit in the hand by a pitch back on June 26 and landed on the disabled list earlier this week. While initial X-rays came back negative, a CT scan yesterday revealed the fractures. He’ll likely be out until late August or the early part of September.
Bloomquist is batting .292/.342/.347 in 79 plate appearances with the Diamondbacks this season. The 35-year-old missed the first two months of the season with an oblique injury.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)