Jul 6, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
Bloomquist suffered the injury when he was hit in the hand by a pitch back on June 26 and landed on the disabled list earlier this week. While initial X-rays came back negative, a CT scan yesterday revealed the fractures. He’ll likely be out until late August or the early part of September.
Bloomquist is batting .292/.342/.347 in 79 plate appearances with the Diamondbacks this season. The 35-year-old missed the first two months of the season with an oblique injury.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 14
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)