Jul 7, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It’ll be an important outing for Nolasco, who was acquired on Saturday evening from the Marlins in exchange for minor league pitchers Steve Ames, Josh Wall, and and Angel Sanchez. The Dodgers are currently trailing the D’Backs by only 4 1/2 games in the National League West standings and will be looking to make up even more ground during this week’s crucial three-game set in Phoenix.
Nolasco had a 3.85 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 90/25 K/BB ratio through 112 1/3 innings this season with Miami.
To clear a spot for him in the starting rotation, the Dodgers moved left-hander Chris Capuano to the bullpen.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)