Jul 7, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It’ll be an important outing for Nolasco, who was acquired on Saturday evening from the Marlins in exchange for minor league pitchers Steve Ames, Josh Wall, and and Angel Sanchez. The Dodgers are currently trailing the D’Backs by only 4 1/2 games in the National League West standings and will be looking to make up even more ground during this week’s crucial three-game set in Phoenix.
Nolasco had a 3.85 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 90/25 K/BB ratio through 112 1/3 innings this season with Miami.
To clear a spot for him in the starting rotation, the Dodgers moved left-hander Chris Capuano to the bullpen.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)