Jul 7, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It’ll be an important outing for Nolasco, who was acquired on Saturday evening from the Marlins in exchange for minor league pitchers Steve Ames, Josh Wall, and and Angel Sanchez. The Dodgers are currently trailing the D’Backs by only 4 1/2 games in the National League West standings and will be looking to make up even more ground during this week’s crucial three-game set in Phoenix.
Nolasco had a 3.85 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 90/25 K/BB ratio through 112 1/3 innings this season with Miami.
To clear a spot for him in the starting rotation, the Dodgers moved left-hander Chris Capuano to the bullpen.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (138)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)