Jul 7, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
It’ll be an important outing for Nolasco, who was acquired on Saturday evening from the Marlins in exchange for minor league pitchers Steve Ames, Josh Wall, and and Angel Sanchez. The Dodgers are currently trailing the D’Backs by only 4 1/2 games in the National League West standings and will be looking to make up even more ground during this week’s crucial three-game set in Phoenix.
Nolasco had a 3.85 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 90/25 K/BB ratio through 112 1/3 innings this season with Miami.
To clear a spot for him in the starting rotation, the Dodgers moved left-hander Chris Capuano to the bullpen.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)