Jul 7, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Ryan Braun (hand) may be ready to be activated from the disabled list prior to the All-Star break.
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that the rehabbing outfielder went through a session of live batting practice Saturday afternoon at Milwaukee’s Miller Park for the first time since hitting the shelf and said later that his right hand felt “great.”
Braun has been on the disabled list since June 9 with an inflamed nerve. He will hit in the cages on Sunday and then take another round of live batting practice on Monday. If that all goes well, the 29-year-old should then be cleared to play in a couple of minor league rehab games. McCalvy suspects that Braun might rejoin the Brewers’ active roster on Thursday.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)