Jul 7, 2013, 10:21 AM EST
Ryan Braun (hand) may be ready to be activated from the disabled list prior to the All-Star break.
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that the rehabbing outfielder went through a session of live batting practice Saturday afternoon at Milwaukee’s Miller Park for the first time since hitting the shelf and said later that his right hand felt “great.”
Braun has been on the disabled list since June 9 with an inflamed nerve. He will hit in the cages on Sunday and then take another round of live batting practice on Monday. If that all goes well, the 29-year-old should then be cleared to play in a couple of minor league rehab games. McCalvy suspects that Braun might rejoin the Brewers’ active roster on Thursday.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 3
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86