Jul 7, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Ryan Braun (hand) may be ready to be activated from the disabled list prior to the All-Star break.
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that the rehabbing outfielder went through a session of live batting practice Saturday afternoon at Milwaukee’s Miller Park for the first time since hitting the shelf and said later that his right hand felt “great.”
Braun has been on the disabled list since June 9 with an inflamed nerve. He will hit in the cages on Sunday and then take another round of live batting practice on Monday. If that all goes well, the 29-year-old should then be cleared to play in a couple of minor league rehab games. McCalvy suspects that Braun might rejoin the Brewers’ active roster on Thursday.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)