Jul 7, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Yankees have claimed first baseman Travis Ishikawa off waivers from the Orioles. Kevin Youkilis (back) was transferred to the 60-day disabled list in a corresponding move to clear a 40-man roster spot.
Ishikawa will meet up with the Yankees on Monday in New York and could see semi-regular action at first base, where Lyle Overbay and his .714 OPS (93 OPS+) have been starting. Ishikawa was batting .316/.413/.525 with seven home runs and 31 RBI in 49 games this season at Triple-A Norfolk before the O’s called him up on June 18. He was designated for assignment on June 29.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 1
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)