Jul 8, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Bad news for the Red Sox bullpen this evening, as Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com passes along word that left-hander Andrew Miller needs surgery on his left foot and is expected to miss the rest of the season.
Miller injured his foot Saturday while getting off the mound to back up home plate was placed on the disabled list yesterday. It turns out that he’s dealing with ligament damage.
It’s really too bad, as Miller has seemingly found a niche with the Red Sox over the past two seasons. The 28-year-old has a 2.64 ERA and 48 strikeouts over 30 2/3 innings this season.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 0
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 3
- The beauty of belief 30
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 36
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 74
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)