Jul 8, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Bad news for the Red Sox bullpen this evening, as Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com passes along word that left-hander Andrew Miller needs surgery on his left foot and is expected to miss the rest of the season.
Miller injured his foot Saturday while getting off the mound to back up home plate was placed on the disabled list yesterday. It turns out that he’s dealing with ligament damage.
It’s really too bad, as Miller has seemingly found a niche with the Red Sox over the past two seasons. The 28-year-old has a 2.64 ERA and 48 strikeouts over 30 2/3 innings this season.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)