Jul 8, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Bad news for the Red Sox bullpen this evening, as Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com passes along word that left-hander Andrew Miller needs surgery on his left foot and is expected to miss the rest of the season.
Miller injured his foot Saturday while getting off the mound to back up home plate was placed on the disabled list yesterday. It turns out that he’s dealing with ligament damage.
It’s really too bad, as Miller has seemingly found a niche with the Red Sox over the past two seasons. The 28-year-old has a 2.64 ERA and 48 strikeouts over 30 2/3 innings this season.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 36
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 21
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)