Jul 8, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
Bad news for the Red Sox bullpen this evening, as Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com passes along word that left-hander Andrew Miller needs surgery on his left foot and is expected to miss the rest of the season.
Miller injured his foot Saturday while getting off the mound to back up home plate was placed on the disabled list yesterday. It turns out that he’s dealing with ligament damage.
It’s really too bad, as Miller has seemingly found a niche with the Red Sox over the past two seasons. The 28-year-old has a 2.64 ERA and 48 strikeouts over 30 2/3 innings this season.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)