Jul 8, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
Bad news for the Red Sox bullpen this evening, as Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com passes along word that left-hander Andrew Miller needs surgery on his left foot and is expected to miss the rest of the season.
Miller injured his foot Saturday while getting off the mound to back up home plate was placed on the disabled list yesterday. It turns out that he’s dealing with ligament damage.
It’s really too bad, as Miller has seemingly found a niche with the Red Sox over the past two seasons. The 28-year-old has a 2.64 ERA and 48 strikeouts over 30 2/3 innings this season.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)