Anna Benson arrested after raiding Kris Benson’s house with a gun, bulletproof vest

Jul 8, 2013, 4:32 PM EDT

Children At Heart Gala To Benefit Children Of Chernobyl Getty Images

Remember back in the day when Anna and Kris Benson were, for lack of any other better candidates, baseball’s first couple?  Kris had a couple of good years with the Pirates that he parlayed into a nice contract with the Mets. Anna was the dancer-turned baseball wife who posed in gentlemen’s magazines and said audacious things in public. Things like, if Kris ever cheated on her she’d sleep with the entire Mets roster. We all got laughs at that stuff.

Then things turned bad. Anna starred in the awful “Baseball Wives” reality show and, last year, Kris filed for divorce. The fairytale  was over. This morning, TMZ reports, things got worse. Way worse:

Former “Baseball Wives” star Anna Benson – the estranged wife of ex-pitcher Kris Benson – was arrested this morning in Georgia … after allegedly raiding Kris’ apartment with a gun and a metal baton, all while wearing a bulletproof vest. According to law enforcement, Kris — who filed for divorce last year — reported that Anna showed up in a rage last night after being forced by the court to vacate their marital home. Kris says Anna arrived and immediately whipped out an “expandable metal baton,” threatening to hit him.

Kris got out of the house and called the police. Anna was arrested and charged with two counts of felony aggravated assault with a weapon, one count of criminal trespass, and one count of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. TMZ has the mugshot if you’re interested in such things.

Anna Benson isn’t a punchline anymore. She’s a tragedy.

1. b0ngg - Jul 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM

tawny kitaen didnt need a gun and a baton to rough up chuck finley back in ’02.

• jarathen - Jul 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I’ve never understood the humor in this. Chuck Finley basically can’t do anything to fight back because because then he’s beating a woman, but he’s a punchline for letting her physically assault him. Talk about your double standards.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM

See Jarathen…that’s where we differ.
        If I am accosted by anyone…I mean…anyone…and I can’t remove myself from the situation I have no other choice but to beat the living hell out of them.
        In the case of Kitaen…one shot to the mouth would have most likely done the trick.
        That is self defense.
        In the case of Anna Benson…Kris made the right call. He could safely flee (and then call the police). Unless I am mistaken…didn’t Kitaen assault Chuck Finley while they were driving? If so…you pull your ass over and end it.
        I have always had a big issue with Women who try to act like MMA fighters. Typically…these Women are bat shit crazy.
        See Anna Benson…the baton and the bulletproof vest.
        Fortunately…I haven’t had to worry about “those types” of Women since my mid 20′s.

2. mustbechris - Jul 8, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Dear Lord, she is the definition of trifling.

3. dshiv24 - Jul 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Call up WALKER NOW. HE’S READY

4. rcali - Jul 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I bet she has a very interesting medicine cabinet. All “Reality Stars” do.

5. albertmn - Jul 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Looks will fade, the body will go, but crazy always increases proportionally.

• Jonny 5 - Jul 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Too true. But it sure is fun in the beginning.

6. rick1k6 - Jul 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Apparently, she saw the Mets roster and decided this was a more viable option.

7. badintent - Jul 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM

All this proves Bubba, is that you can take the trash out of the trailer but you can’t take the trash out of the hoe.I expect to see her in a few years bouncing checks or working at the Rhino room in Vegas.Mets roster be damn, I say. ! Hell, even Arodless don’t touch this POS

8. pellypell - Jul 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM

This is why you don’t stick your …. in crazy.

9. stabonerichard - Jul 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Freaking hot!

10. dirtydrew - Jul 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Now she’s a felon, but what a rack!

11. banger60 - Jul 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Good candidate for professional wrestling.

12. agc99 - Jul 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I agree with some other posters. I think she’s on meth. Looks really rough and worn out. She’s definitely seen her better days.

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto