Jul 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Baseball America just published its midseason top 50 prospects list and 19-year-old Twins center fielder Byron Buxton is No. 1. And fellow Twins prospect Miguel Sano is No. 3, so this is a pretty good day in terms of allowing Minnesotans like me to forget about how bad the current Twins are.
Sandwiched between the two stud Twins prospects is Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras, who you may recognize from HardballTalk’s resident Cardinals fan Drew Silva calling him Oscar “Ted Williams” Taveras over the years.
Rather than make any more comments on the rest of the top 50, just go check out the whole list along with Baseball America‘s commentary on each prospect.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 56
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)