Jul 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Baseball America just published its midseason top 50 prospects list and 19-year-old Twins center fielder Byron Buxton is No. 1. And fellow Twins prospect Miguel Sano is No. 3, so this is a pretty good day in terms of allowing Minnesotans like me to forget about how bad the current Twins are.
Sandwiched between the two stud Twins prospects is Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras, who you may recognize from HardballTalk’s resident Cardinals fan Drew Silva calling him Oscar “Ted Williams” Taveras over the years.
Rather than make any more comments on the rest of the top 50, just go check out the whole list along with Baseball America‘s commentary on each prospect.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)