Jul 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Baseball America just published its midseason top 50 prospects list and 19-year-old Twins center fielder Byron Buxton is No. 1. And fellow Twins prospect Miguel Sano is No. 3, so this is a pretty good day in terms of allowing Minnesotans like me to forget about how bad the current Twins are.
Sandwiched between the two stud Twins prospects is Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras, who you may recognize from HardballTalk’s resident Cardinals fan Drew Silva calling him Oscar “Ted Williams” Taveras over the years.
Rather than make any more comments on the rest of the top 50, just go check out the whole list along with Baseball America‘s commentary on each prospect.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11