Jul 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Baseball America just published its midseason top 50 prospects list and 19-year-old Twins center fielder Byron Buxton is No. 1. And fellow Twins prospect Miguel Sano is No. 3, so this is a pretty good day in terms of allowing Minnesotans like me to forget about how bad the current Twins are.
Sandwiched between the two stud Twins prospects is Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras, who you may recognize from HardballTalk’s resident Cardinals fan Drew Silva calling him Oscar “Ted Williams” Taveras over the years.
Rather than make any more comments on the rest of the top 50, just go check out the whole list along with Baseball America‘s commentary on each prospect.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)