Jul 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Baseball America just published its midseason top 50 prospects list and 19-year-old Twins center fielder Byron Buxton is No. 1. And fellow Twins prospect Miguel Sano is No. 3, so this is a pretty good day in terms of allowing Minnesotans like me to forget about how bad the current Twins are.
Sandwiched between the two stud Twins prospects is Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras, who you may recognize from HardballTalk’s resident Cardinals fan Drew Silva calling him Oscar “Ted Williams” Taveras over the years.
Rather than make any more comments on the rest of the top 50, just go check out the whole list along with Baseball America‘s commentary on each prospect.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 4
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)