Jul 8, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
The Braves slowed down Brandon Beachy‘s rehab after he felt some tenderness in his surgically-repaired right elbow last month, but he has been cleared to return to game action.
David O’Brien of Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Beachy will resume his minor league rehab assignment tomorrow with Triple-A Gwinnett. The 26-year-old is expected to throw 45-55 pitches and/or three innings and figures to make at least one or two more starts before being reevaluated.
Beachy, who is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery last June, has a 3.07 ERA over 41 starts in the majors. There’s no obvious opening for him in Atlanta’s starting rotation right now, but depth is a nice problem to have.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)