Jul 8, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The Braves slowed down Brandon Beachy‘s rehab after he felt some tenderness in his surgically-repaired right elbow last month, but he has been cleared to return to game action.
David O’Brien of Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Beachy will resume his minor league rehab assignment tomorrow with Triple-A Gwinnett. The 26-year-old is expected to throw 45-55 pitches and/or three innings and figures to make at least one or two more starts before being reevaluated.
Beachy, who is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery last June, has a 3.07 ERA over 41 starts in the majors. There’s no obvious opening for him in Atlanta’s starting rotation right now, but depth is a nice problem to have.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (100)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)