Jul 8, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The Braves slowed down Brandon Beachy‘s rehab after he felt some tenderness in his surgically-repaired right elbow last month, but he has been cleared to return to game action.
David O’Brien of Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Beachy will resume his minor league rehab assignment tomorrow with Triple-A Gwinnett. The 26-year-old is expected to throw 45-55 pitches and/or three innings and figures to make at least one or two more starts before being reevaluated.
Beachy, who is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery last June, has a 3.07 ERA over 41 starts in the majors. There’s no obvious opening for him in Atlanta’s starting rotation right now, but depth is a nice problem to have.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)