Jul 8, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The Braves slowed down Brandon Beachy‘s rehab after he felt some tenderness in his surgically-repaired right elbow last month, but he has been cleared to return to game action.
David O’Brien of Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Beachy will resume his minor league rehab assignment tomorrow with Triple-A Gwinnett. The 26-year-old is expected to throw 45-55 pitches and/or three innings and figures to make at least one or two more starts before being reevaluated.
Beachy, who is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery last June, has a 3.07 ERA over 41 starts in the majors. There’s no obvious opening for him in Atlanta’s starting rotation right now, but depth is a nice problem to have.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)