Jul 8, 2013, 6:12 PM EST
The Brewers have activated outfielder Ryan Braun for tonight’s game against the Reds while third baseman Aramis Ramirez is back on the disabled list for the second time this season due to a left knee injury.
Braun has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right thumb contusion. The 29-year-old slugger has been making progress in recent days, but his return comes as a bit of a surprise, as he originally wasn’t expected to be activated until at least Thursday. While he is active for tonight’s game, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com notes that he will not be in the starting lineup.
Ramirez is headed back to the disabled list after he aggravated his knee while making a diving stop at third base during Saturday’s game against the Mets. The 35-year-old missed nearly a month of action between April and early May with a left knee sprain.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)