Jul 8, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT
The Brewers have activated outfielder Ryan Braun for tonight’s game against the Reds while third baseman Aramis Ramirez is back on the disabled list for the second time this season due to a left knee injury.
Braun has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right thumb contusion. The 29-year-old slugger has been making progress in recent days, but his return comes as a bit of a surprise, as he originally wasn’t expected to be activated until at least Thursday. While he is active for tonight’s game, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com notes that he will not be in the starting lineup.
Ramirez is headed back to the disabled list after he aggravated his knee while making a diving stop at third base during Saturday’s game against the Mets. The 35-year-old missed nearly a month of action between April and early May with a left knee sprain.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)