Jul 8, 2013, 6:12 PM EST
The Brewers have activated outfielder Ryan Braun for tonight’s game against the Reds while third baseman Aramis Ramirez is back on the disabled list for the second time this season due to a left knee injury.
Braun has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right thumb contusion. The 29-year-old slugger has been making progress in recent days, but his return comes as a bit of a surprise, as he originally wasn’t expected to be activated until at least Thursday. While he is active for tonight’s game, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com notes that he will not be in the starting lineup.
Ramirez is headed back to the disabled list after he aggravated his knee while making a diving stop at third base during Saturday’s game against the Mets. The 35-year-old missed nearly a month of action between April and early May with a left knee sprain.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (161)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)