Jul 8, 2013, 6:12 PM EST
The Brewers have activated outfielder Ryan Braun for tonight’s game against the Reds while third baseman Aramis Ramirez is back on the disabled list for the second time this season due to a left knee injury.
Braun has been sidelined since June 9 due to a right thumb contusion. The 29-year-old slugger has been making progress in recent days, but his return comes as a bit of a surprise, as he originally wasn’t expected to be activated until at least Thursday. While he is active for tonight’s game, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com notes that he will not be in the starting lineup.
Ramirez is headed back to the disabled list after he aggravated his knee while making a diving stop at third base during Saturday’s game against the Mets. The 35-year-old missed nearly a month of action between April and early May with a left knee sprain.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 75
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)