Jul 8, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
Two rehab games in the book for The Captain, and so far so good.
Derek Jeter played in his second rehab game yesterday — playing DH — and went 1 for 2 with two walks. Better news, however, came when he went first to third on a teammate’s single. Spontaneous running is the probably the second best test he could undergo, just after nine innings worth of lateral movement at shortstop.
Looks like the Yankees will, at the very least, be able to activate Jeter to begin the second half next week. It’s possible he could be back even sooner.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)