Jul 8, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Two rehab games in the book for The Captain, and so far so good.
Derek Jeter played in his second rehab game yesterday — playing DH — and went 1 for 2 with two walks. Better news, however, came when he went first to third on a teammate’s single. Spontaneous running is the probably the second best test he could undergo, just after nine innings worth of lateral movement at shortstop.
Looks like the Yankees will, at the very least, be able to activate Jeter to begin the second half next week. It’s possible he could be back even sooner.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)