Jul 8, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Two rehab games in the book for The Captain, and so far so good.
Derek Jeter played in his second rehab game yesterday — playing DH — and went 1 for 2 with two walks. Better news, however, came when he went first to third on a teammate’s single. Spontaneous running is the probably the second best test he could undergo, just after nine innings worth of lateral movement at shortstop.
Looks like the Yankees will, at the very least, be able to activate Jeter to begin the second half next week. It’s possible he could be back even sooner.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)