Jul 8, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Two rehab games in the book for The Captain, and so far so good.
Derek Jeter played in his second rehab game yesterday — playing DH — and went 1 for 2 with two walks. Better news, however, came when he went first to third on a teammate’s single. Spontaneous running is the probably the second best test he could undergo, just after nine innings worth of lateral movement at shortstop.
Looks like the Yankees will, at the very least, be able to activate Jeter to begin the second half next week. It’s possible he could be back even sooner.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)