Jul 8, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Two rehab games in the book for The Captain, and so far so good.
Derek Jeter played in his second rehab game yesterday — playing DH — and went 1 for 2 with two walks. Better news, however, came when he went first to third on a teammate’s single. Spontaneous running is the probably the second best test he could undergo, just after nine innings worth of lateral movement at shortstop.
Looks like the Yankees will, at the very least, be able to activate Jeter to begin the second half next week. It’s possible he could be back even sooner.
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 0
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 15
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 60
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 83
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)