Jul 8, 2013, 11:10 PM EST
Derek Jeter is one day closer to making his return from ankle surgery.
According to Peter Botte of the New York Daily News, Jeter played in his third rehab game with Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre tonight and went 0-for-2 with a walk and a run scored. He also had three defensive chances at shortstop in five innings.
Jeter is now 1-for-6 with four walks and one strikeout during his rehab stint. As for the next step, the 39-year-old shortstop told Botte that he will get the day off tomorrow and “unless something changes,” he’ll play another rehab game Wednesday night. The expectation is that he’ll return immediately following the All-Star break, though there’s always the chance that he could be activated this weekend.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)