Jul 8, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is one day closer to making his return from ankle surgery.
According to Peter Botte of the New York Daily News, Jeter played in his third rehab game with Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre tonight and went 0-for-2 with a walk and a run scored. He also had three defensive chances at shortstop in five innings.
Jeter is now 1-for-6 with four walks and one strikeout during his rehab stint. As for the next step, the 39-year-old shortstop told Botte that he will get the day off tomorrow and “unless something changes,” he’ll play another rehab game Wednesday night. The expectation is that he’ll return immediately following the All-Star break, though there’s always the chance that he could be activated this weekend.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 23
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 82
- The Lester trade is a win-win 110
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (110)