Jul 8, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is one day closer to making his return from ankle surgery.
According to Peter Botte of the New York Daily News, Jeter played in his third rehab game with Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre tonight and went 0-for-2 with a walk and a run scored. He also had three defensive chances at shortstop in five innings.
Jeter is now 1-for-6 with four walks and one strikeout during his rehab stint. As for the next step, the 39-year-old shortstop told Botte that he will get the day off tomorrow and “unless something changes,” he’ll play another rehab game Wednesday night. The expectation is that he’ll return immediately following the All-Star break, though there’s always the chance that he could be activated this weekend.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)