Jul 8, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is one day closer to making his return from ankle surgery.
According to Peter Botte of the New York Daily News, Jeter played in his third rehab game with Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre tonight and went 0-for-2 with a walk and a run scored. He also had three defensive chances at shortstop in five innings.
Jeter is now 1-for-6 with four walks and one strikeout during his rehab stint. As for the next step, the 39-year-old shortstop told Botte that he will get the day off tomorrow and “unless something changes,” he’ll play another rehab game Wednesday night. The expectation is that he’ll return immediately following the All-Star break, though there’s always the chance that he could be activated this weekend.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)