Jul 8, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Derek Jeter is one day closer to making his return from ankle surgery.
According to Peter Botte of the New York Daily News, Jeter played in his third rehab game with Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre tonight and went 0-for-2 with a walk and a run scored. He also had three defensive chances at shortstop in five innings.
Jeter is now 1-for-6 with four walks and one strikeout during his rehab stint. As for the next step, the 39-year-old shortstop told Botte that he will get the day off tomorrow and “unless something changes,” he’ll play another rehab game Wednesday night. The expectation is that he’ll return immediately following the All-Star break, though there’s always the chance that he could be activated this weekend.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)