Jul 8, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Jeremy Bonderman returning to the majors for the first time since 2010 certainly went much better than I expected in that he wasn’t a complete disaster and actually strung together a few good starts, but after back-to-back poor outings the Mariners designated him for assignment.
Bonderman finishes with a 4.93 ERA in seven starts overall, but that included more walks (17) than strikeouts (16) in 38 innings and there isn’t much in his pre-call-up performance at Triple-A that suggests he’s capable of better.
Seattle will need to add another starter to the rotation for Thursday’s game and 23-year-old top prospect Erasmo Ramirez–who thrived in his first taste of the majors last year–has a 3.09 ERA and 42/14 K/BB ratio in 44 innings at Triple-A.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)