Jul 8, 2013, 2:54 PM EDT
Garza is an impending free agent who’s healthy for the first time since the middle of last season and pitching well, so the Cubs wanting to keep him around wouldn’t exactly be shocking.
Of course, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com had a similar report today as well, which suggests the Cubs are getting that information to the media. Why would they do that? Well, there’s been speculation about Garza being on the trading block for a long time now and when the Cubs are talking to other teams it would certainly help their leverage if potentially not trading Garza and instead keeping him long term was viewed as a legitimate possibility.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)