Jul 8, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Well, we won’t have to worry about that logjam in the Dodgers’ outfield anytime soon.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Matt Kemp is headed to the 15-day disabled list. The 28-year-old outfielder was given a cortisone shot after he aggravated his surgically-repaired left shoulder during Friday’s game, but he still felt discomfort while trying to swing a bat today. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com that Kemp will be sent back to Los Angeles to be evaluated.
Kemp, who had surgery last October to repair his left labrum, is batting just .254/.309/.357 with four home runs, 24 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 61 games this season. He just returned from the disabled list two weeks ago after missing nearly a month with a hamstring injury. Nothing seems to be going his way.
If that wasn’t enough bad news, the Dodgers have also placed right-hander Stephen Fife on the disabled list with right shoulder bursitis. Chris Capuano, who was expected to move to the bullpen following the acquisition of Ricky Nolasco, will now remain in the starting rotation.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:42 AM EDT
Cabrera is headed to the disabled list for the first time in his 13-year major league career.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday, including a walk-off win for the Yankees.
Jul 4, 2015, 12:58 AM EDT
In a shocking move, the Rangers designated Neftali Feliz for assignment to clear roster space for Matt Harrison.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
Base Ba’al has no mercy for Coco Crisp.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Mets are VERY interested in Ben Zobrist.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
The Mets are getting desperate for runs, but aren’t ready to rush prospect Michael Conforto just yet.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera suffered a calf injury after a single in the fourth inning on Friday against the Blue Jays.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez has silenced a tough Blue Jays lineup.
Jul 3, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Patrick Corbin will complete his long trek back to the major leagues when he starts against the Rockies on Saturday.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The Athletics haven’t used Josh Reddick much against left-handed starters. Reddick isn’t too happy with that, despite his results against southpaws.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Jameson Taillon was getting pretty close to returning to action for the Pirates, but an inguinal hernia has knocked him back on the shelf.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Cubs acquired Clayton Richard from the Pirates and he’ll start for the club on Saturday.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
Jul 3, 2015, 3:52 PM EDT
Both he and the White Sox have disappointed this year, but he could help a contender.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Chamberlain has posted a 4.09 ERA and an ugly 1.682 WHIP in 30 appearances this year. Gorzelanny has been even worse.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
$3.5 million will be paid out . . . to charity.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s only had six plate appearances since being recalled in late June.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
And, someone, Tony La Russa placed in this thing.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:37 AM EDT
He changed his mind.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
“We’ll leave it at that.”
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)