Jul 8, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt left Sunday’s start in the second inning with a hamstring injury and Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are expected to place him on the disabled list.
Oswalt signed a minor-league deal with the Rockies in early May and made five starts in the minors before being called up three weeks ago. He made four starts for Colorado, allowing 15 runs in 17.2 innings despite an excellent 23/2 K/BB ratio, and now figures to miss the rest of the month.
Dating back to last season Oswalt has a 6.22 ERA in 77 innings.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (161)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)