Jul 8, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Roy Oswalt left Sunday’s start in the second inning with a hamstring injury and Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are expected to place him on the disabled list.
Oswalt signed a minor-league deal with the Rockies in early May and made five starts in the minors before being called up three weeks ago. He made four starts for Colorado, allowing 15 runs in 17.2 innings despite an excellent 23/2 K/BB ratio, and now figures to miss the rest of the month.
Dating back to last season Oswalt has a 6.22 ERA in 77 innings.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)