Jul 8, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Roy Oswalt left Sunday’s start in the second inning with a hamstring injury and Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are expected to place him on the disabled list.
Oswalt signed a minor-league deal with the Rockies in early May and made five starts in the minors before being called up three weeks ago. He made four starts for Colorado, allowing 15 runs in 17.2 innings despite an excellent 23/2 K/BB ratio, and now figures to miss the rest of the month.
Dating back to last season Oswalt has a 6.22 ERA in 77 innings.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)