Jul 8, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Roy Oswalt left Sunday’s start in the second inning with a hamstring injury and Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are expected to place him on the disabled list.
Oswalt signed a minor-league deal with the Rockies in early May and made five starts in the minors before being called up three weeks ago. He made four starts for Colorado, allowing 15 runs in 17.2 innings despite an excellent 23/2 K/BB ratio, and now figures to miss the rest of the month.
Dating back to last season Oswalt has a 6.22 ERA in 77 innings.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (225)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)