Jul 8, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times does this every year: a list of player who (a) suddenly stink; and (b) have no injuries that we know of or any other explanation for stinking. They’re the All-Collapse All-Stars.
Usually these are players in their 30s who are hitting a Dale Murphyesque wall. This year’s has someone as young as 23. If you can guess who it is I will comp you one year’s worth of the HardballTalk subscription fee.
Fun list. Except if your team just gave a $75 million contract to one of the players named on it.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)