Jul 8, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times does this every year: a list of player who (a) suddenly stink; and (b) have no injuries that we know of or any other explanation for stinking. They’re the All-Collapse All-Stars.
Usually these are players in their 30s who are hitting a Dale Murphyesque wall. This year’s has someone as young as 23. If you can guess who it is I will comp you one year’s worth of the HardballTalk subscription fee.
Fun list. Except if your team just gave a $75 million contract to one of the players named on it.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)