Jul 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
At the Tigers-Indians game on Saturday Indians legend Omar Vizquel threw out the first pitch. He sailed the thing all the way to the backstop. This guy was a major leaguer less than a year ago and he couldn’t throw a ball to another player standing 60 feet away. It was … bad.
This first pitch, from a game in Japan on Friday, however, was not bad. It was all kinds of good. Even if it hurts every muscle in my body to watch it:
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59