Wanna see Matt Harvey naked?

Jul 8, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT

As we noted a week or so ago, Matt Harvey is baseball’s entrant in ESPN The Magazine’s “Body Issue.” An edition of their magazine which, unlike Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue, is at least honest about the fact that it’s offering up cheesecake for the general prurient interest.

We here at HBT are not above pandering to those same interests so, by all means, check out Matt Harvey’s bod, protected only by a room service tray:

source:

Dude, you’re a professional athlete. You should not be getting beer and fries from room service. I’m sure they’ll make you a salad or send up a nice grilled chicken breast if you ask them.

The ESPN Body Issue goes on sale this Friday. You can say you’re just buying it for the articles — or for the nutritional information — if it makes you feel better.

1. dondada10 - Jul 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Tom Seaver must be rolling in his grave.

• professormaddog31 - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Sure hope you meant that metaphorically, seeing as how Tom Seaver is still very much alive. :D

• aceshigh11 - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

What??

Tom Seaver is very much alive.

• dondada10 - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

/s

better?

2. aceshigh11 - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I’m waiting for the naked Gary Player photo…yes, the 77-year old golfer is going to pose naked for ESPN.

I fully expect to feel ashamed that a guy over twice my age is in better shape than I am.

• historiophiliac - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I feel differently about you now.

3. professormaddog31 - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I can’t get away from this stupid photoshoot. It’s everywhere. It hurts my eyes. I’m not offended by the nude human form in general, I just don’t want to see his nude human form.

But then again, I have notoriously bad taste, and the people I’d like to see nude are all middle aged folks that would send most others running in terror and fear.

• chill1184 - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Nothing wrong with MILFs

• bigmeechy74 - Jul 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Why would you want to see middle aged folks that would send people running….

• professormaddog31 - Jul 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM

…because my idea of aesthetics is usually frowned upon by people who know me. :D

• gloccamorra - Jul 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM

So you’re sorry they didn’t have this when John Kruk was playing?

4. stex52 - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM

How should I put this? NO, I DIDN’T WANT TO SEE THAT.

• sabatimus - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Then why click on the link, which clearly says “Wanna see Matt Harvey naked?” Was it that you were disappointed once you saw the pic?

5. historiophiliac - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I really wanna like this. I really do…but I don’t. The concept is promising but the photo is just uncomfortable. I like him, but that pose is….weird.

And I’m suppressing a whole bunch of snarky comments like “arch your back more, honey” and “think about finding a secret love note in your bag” or “more sexy eyes.”

• professormaddog31 - Jul 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I wish I had your enthusiasm towards attempting to like it, but it just makes me cringe.

If they were going to have a young phenom stud posing in the buff, they should have picked the Trout.

• historiophiliac - Jul 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Yuck. Neck’s too thick. How about Crush Davis?

• professormaddog31 - Jul 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM

You know, I have no idea what he actually looks like. I suppose I should google him….

OK, I googled him. He’s all right, I guess.

There’s these half nude photos of Yu Darvish floating around; a friend of mine showed them to me once and it was the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.

• historiophiliac - Jul 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Of course, what I think we all really want to see is Matt Kemp’s grandparents again…and also if there’s more of that family tree…

• yahmule - Jul 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I think you said “yuck” about Trout because you secretly like him.

6. rickdobrydney - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Really now, why would he do this ??? He must have a gargantuan ego—- I can think of no other reason (besides money) —- And what does that tatoo say across his chest ??

• sabatimus - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I’m expecting scripture, but I can’t really see it.

7. yahmule - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

You call this naked? Ever seen an episode of Oz?

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jul 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

One of the best shows ever, although I thought my brother and I were the only ones who watched it.

• yahmule - Jul 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM

The first couple seasons were really good. The last couple seasons it went downhill as the storylines got progressively crazier.

• dondada10 - Jul 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Is it a coincidence that there were so many Law and Order: SVU cast members on Oz?

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jul 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

It’s all the L&O series (serii? wtf is plural of series?) Of the 11 main chars listed on the wiki page, I know 9 have been in at least one L&O episode (Sister Peter Marie and Augustus Hill I’m not sure about). But on top of that, Father Mukada, Gov Devlin, Whittlesley (cop), Cyril O’Reilly, and many other smaller chars have been as well.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Big fan of Oz Church. Big fan.

8. thebadguyswon - Jul 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

There’s my new logo for my fantasy bb team.

9. wonkypenguin - Jul 8, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I’m sure he just posed for this to put himself through med school. That or he has serious daddy issues.

10. tbutler704 - Jul 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

He is ugly. I’d rather see David Wright naked.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate